Saturday, April 9, 2011

picketers, pinkeye, and purell

Since moving to my new cubicle overlooking the park, I've been able to bear witness to various events and protests going on in the park downstairs. Recently the most notable protest i've seen is the one to keep the Kings in Sac. Apparently 15 guys in purple take time off work to solicit donations, raising 40k so far in their $200m quest to build the Kings a new stadium. Even though i laugh at the ridiculousness of trying to get that much $$ in donations from standing around in a park, i do have to admire those that do show this much passion about their team. I wonder what they can accomplish if they actually applied that passion towards something else.

On a completely unrelated note, recently there's been an unprecedented run of pinkeye going around the office. I'm not sure exactly what's going on and why people are rubbing each other's eyes and what not, but I'm now on my 2nd bottle of purell in 2 months (heck i don't even know if purell works in fighting pinkeye...), dousing my hands and keyboard/mouse every so often. I wonder if i'm gonna be OCD when this is all over...

No comments: