Thursday, February 18, 2010

50 beans | Caffeine Fast: Day 1

Wow…this is gonna be tougher than I thought it’d be. I’ve decided to give up caffeine for lent. There’s 46 days till Easter (40 excluding the 6 Sundays). I’ve given up coffee before (as many of you are aware/have been on the receiving end of some possible frustration ventings :P ), but never really all caffeine, so this will be a new and different challenge for sure. I imagine the sheer difficulty of giving up caffeine would be almost equivalent to that of giving up some other essential functions, such as going to the bathroom or something like that. I hope this will challenge me to be more faithful in prayer and more reliant on God to carry me through the day. Today there's already been temptations everywhere in the form of coffee, tea, and peanut m&m's. Hopefully day 2 will be easier. :)

4 comments:

luke. said...

you are being crazy!

Brian Cho said...

read this...

http://eugenecho.wordpress.com/2010/02/18/dont-give-up-anything-for-lent-give-yourself/

George Hu said...

is this why you broke your own expresso machine....

Jack Zhu said...

lol dude that was so i could justify getting a handpresso machine hahaha j/k it's all good..still under warranty.