Saturday, February 20, 2010

olympic frustrations



Being a viewer on the west coast, I thought, FINALLY! I can watch the Winter Olympics live! Since the Olympics are in Vancouver I was stoke to be able to share the same time zone as the games, giving me the grand opportunity to watch curling and women’s ice hockey without having to wake up at 4am for a match. Of course NBC, doing the most logical thing, set the programming so that if you’re a U.S. viewer, you can watch the games live… unless you live on the west coast. So we get to see curling on a delay, while folks in Greenland can view live. Great. I don’t get how east coast and Midwest folks get better and more timely coverage of the Olympics than the west coast folks. Do people in the east and Midwest really want to see MORE snow and winter?? As if the last 3 straight snow-days weren’t enough, now they’re stuck indoors watching cross-country skiing.

Kudos to Canada for beating Slovakia 18-0 last week…19 shots on goal and they score 18…nice. Although I’d hate to be the one person that missed the shot…

Curling athletes look to be the least physically fit athletes in these games…I think my dreams of being an Olympian can finally come true. If I start practicing now sliding rocks around the backyard…perhaps by the 2022 games I can compete.

I like how the NBA all-stars game in Dallas got snow, yet the winter games in Vancouver didn’t.

You think I could rock the argyle pants the Norwegian curling team has this year?

It’s funny how there were several skiing events that were postponed due to bad weather. It’s the WINTER Olympics. Isn’t bad / inclement weather pretty much a given? I always thought they’d postpone those events when the sun comes out and melts everything…but then again, what do I know…

I wonder how professional athletes feel about wearing make-up during competition? I’m assuming more have to these days now that there’s Olympic broadcast in HD and stuff?

But seriously…good luck to all the athletes competing in the games…even the “foreigners” that NBC doesn’t like to show on TV.

No comments: