Thursday, March 25, 2010

morning

For his anger endureth but a moment;
in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night,
but joy cometh in the morning.
Psalms 30:5

Joy cometh in the morning, scripture tells us. I certainly hope so. I don’t know if life would be worth living if it didn’t. I sometimes don’t know how, or why, or from where I get the strength, but for some reason regardless of what mood I go to sleep in, I seem to wake up refreshed. As darkness fades into day, everything seems anew with pleasant and delightful freshness, and moreover, the mercies of God are new every morning. It’s no wonder that morning’s the best time of the day. Sometimes people ask me why I’m a morning person, and I’m not sure why, but I usually just shrug or say “I don’t know”; but you know, today I think that answer’s pretty much clear as day.

Joy cometh in the morning.

No comments: