Sunday, August 22, 2010

the longest week ever...

This week has been long. As a matter of fact…it’s been longer than long…it’s been endless for reasons I’d rather not disclose. Even though it’s been one of those weeks, there have still been little things that have amused, intrigued, tickled, or just downright annoyed me.

I just got back from youth group retreat, and man was it fun. There was a little capture the flag action going on, as well as some firepit fun and a little stargazing as well (google sky map is freakin awesome!!). We also played like 10 rounds of mafia (got killed off in first 2 rounds EVERY game even though I had the face of innocence…) and some other games to kill some time.

Everyday this week I drive in to work at the same time and I always pass by harbor blvd at 8:50 and see an interesting scene. There’s usually about 5-10 UPS trucks that get on the freeway. They caravan all the way until the intersection of I80 and I5, and they suddenly all peel away…one of these days I should take a picture of this interesting scene…

Wednesday morning I went to air out and clean two of the compass tents that we used last weekend for the acacia camping trip. There were two identical tents and I wasn’t sure which one needed cleaning because one of the guys had used it and left a rather robust odor in the tent (although I must note that he did leave the tent in a cleaner condition than the girls did…). Needless to say…being on my hands and knees scrubbing brown spots off the bottom of a tent with Lysol wipes at 8am is not how I envisioned starting my Wednesday mornings.

My coworkers have started a fantasy football league and the admin was sending out the invite to all who expressed interest. He didn’t, however, disclose what his email address was. So it was a little startling to see this in my inbox when I got home:
Yahoo! Fantasy Sports: sexyjesus@gmail.com has invited you to join the fantasy football league Corporate Gangstas

This whole week I’ve been chatting with my coworkers Bao (formerly known as CTG) and Denise on sametime about the most random crap. Because work has been a bit dull these last few days…we’ve been having random question time. As you can imagine…all kinds of stuff came up, from HS reunions to counting paperclips to churches to glasses.

One of my buddies is moving to NY for grad school and so I met up with him for a drink at yummy guide the other day. It didn’t quite dawn on me until an hour into it that this was probably the last time I’m gonna be able to get milk tea with the guy…kinda sad but I’m happy for him…I guess it’s one of those happy crappy moments.

There’s a guy at work who is intent on giving me fatherly advice. I’m not really sure why, but he says some of the cheesiest cliché dad lines to me every time we have a meeting. There are days when I want to mention to him that I already have a father who loves me and is actually there for me.

Cupcake is not a verb!!

Ok so I must explain a little before this next story. In our building, we have to use the badge in the elevator to get from floor to floor and the badge reader is about waist high. So on Thursday, as I got into this particular elevator to go up to 10th floor with some coworkers, I felt a little lazy and decided to, instead of pulling my badge out of my back pocket, to just see if the card-reader would scan if I just got my back pocket close enough to it. Unfortunately, the emergency stop button is right next to the badge reader. While the badge did read, I also had to explain to security on the phone why I accidentally pushed the emergency stop button. Time to hit the gym…

The other day I was leaving target with a 24-pack of charmin ultra soft. Of course since it didn’t fit in a plastic bag I walked out carrying it under one arm and a bag with my cereal and OJ in the other hand. The looks I was getting from people in the parking lot made me feel so self-conscious…don’t judge me!!

Thanks for putting up with this horrendously long post (kinda fitting for the longest week ever I suppose…). I hope you’ve enjoyed reading about the random stuff I’ve been through this week. The ebook and kindle version will be made available later this month.

Ciao!

No comments: