Thursday, August 19, 2010

what if?

I live in a world where my religion is my religion. I live in a world where I believe in the god I believe in because it works for me. If it doesn’t work for you, then I’m sorry, but it’s my religion. I live in a world where if you say something that doesn’t align with the bible, I wouldn’t say anything because I don’t want to offend you. I live in a world where moral integrity can be compromised and my perception of right and wrong are fluid. I live in a world where I can watch preachers on TV stand at the pulpit and preach on how god wants you to be rich. I live in a world where we keep god to ourselves because we don’t want to tick off the people next door. I live in a world where you should go worship the god of your choosing and I can be free to worship at the altar of my own, personal, politically-correct god.

What if that was my world? Am I doing anything to change it?

No comments: