Tuesday, July 26, 2011

I am no longer Mr.

Since my credit card snapped in half yesterday, I had to get on the phone with the good people at chase and explain why I needed a new card. Apparently I have a bad habit of bending my card back and forth when I'm standing in line for something...so I suppose it was bound to happen. However, being ever the optimist, I viewed this as a chance to re-invent myself.

Ever since I got the card a few years back, I've never given much thought to the name listed on the card: Mr. Jack Zhu. I'm not sure why it's listed that way...it just was. But people have been giving me crap about it everytime I go pay for something. I suppose it made me sound like such a diva...like the guy equivalent of miss diana ross. Not quite the message I try to send when paying for a box of cheerios.

So while I was on the phone with the chase ppl I asked them to please remove the "Mr." on the new card. After 5 min of convincing, I am officially no longer Mr; I've got my identity back.

I did not have such luck the next 5 min trying to convince them to give me a card build out of carbon fiber tho...ehh...you win some and lose some I guess.

No comments: