Saturday, July 16, 2011

tea with jam and bread

I don’t know about you, but I grew up watching The Sound of Music. Recently, in an uncontrollable urge for nostalgia, I re-watched the movie, partly to re-live some good old childhood memories, partly because I was bored and wanted something playing in the background when I’m working from home. I went out and got the DVD which was digitally re-mastered and blah blah. The weird thing this time is…I saw a bunch of stuff this time I never saw before! Not new as in new scenes and stuff, but little stuff I never noticed before. For example, Captain Von-Trapp is super flirty, doesn’t like Uncle Max, and is pretty open with his disdain of certain guests. The children all have their own personalities and aren’t just a bunch of goodie-two-shoes. The nuns aren’t all good old ladies that sit and pray all day. And did you know the butler is a nazi?! Totally didn’t catch all that when I watched it the first time back in elementary school, but then of course, I was still going through ESL and had no clue what they were saying…

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I love sound of music! And whatttt I didn't know that about the butler at all! I need to go rewatch it now!