Sunday, September 23, 2012

like an episode of cheers, minus the bar and wisecracks


I know, I talk about my cousins quite a bit haha. For any of you who've been to tuesday prayer meetings, I try to make cousin updates a weekly thing. As an only child, my cousins are like my sisters, and i try to connect with them whenever i can. Anyways, this weekend, we tried to do a big cousin reunion in boston, and we succeeded in getting most of us out here.

It started with Christine and I moving into the guestrooms at the MIT dorms (courtesy of Julie - thanks for hosting). The wifi here was lightning fast, but given the location, some freshman comp. engineering student was probably hacking into my iPad and changing default language settings to polish or something. After settling in we cleaned up and headed out to the pourhouse for some brunch, followed by a bit of shopping, as we needed a housewarming gift for our cousin Lily (and in my haste to pack I may have forgotten a jacket, socks, and shoes). Part of our Boston adventures included a trip to Bodega, a shoe shop hidden behind a coke machine in the back of a mom&pop liquor store.


We got back to MIT just in time to Skype Kathy, who wasn't able to join us this time, though we lover her nonetheless. Kathy is a pretty cool kid (I know...she'll always be a kid in my book haha) and really REALLY loves her animals. So...halfway through the skype, she busts out Fluffy, her furry little hamster...cute little thing (not as cute as Sparky). Of course, Fluffy makes a break for it at the end of the Skype.

I miss Kathy, maybe next time we'll visit her again when I work up the nerves to go to Cleveland again. We hopped over to Watertown for dinner with Lily (our cousin/aunt...not sure what to call her) and her husband Patrick. Saw their new place and got a chance to hang out with Denny (another cousin/uncle) and his wife Hillary. Since they're a bit more removed from us, maybe I'll save their stories for another post. Well that's all for now, it's boarding time =)

No comments: