Wednesday, January 2, 2013

how does something like this happen??

Ok...I tried to hold it in for all of 20 minutes, but I can't anymore...strap yourselves in, we're going on a rant...

I honestly don't understand our helpdesk people these days. I understand that some of the helpdesk work has been offshored to india to save money...that's cool i guess. But I also expect that the ones who stay state-side should be better people (or at least the more experienced ones). So how exactly does this following conversation be allowed to happen??


Helpdesk Lady: Hi, how can I help you today?

Me: Hi, i'm calling on behalf of one of my accountants. She just got her system ID setup, and needs to call in to the HD to get her password for the first time. The thing is, she's hearing-impaired so I'm calling on her bahalf.

HDL: Ok, I'm sorry, but she will need to call in.

Me: She can't, she's hearing impaired. Can you tell me the password and I can relay it to her?

HDL: I'm sorry I can't do that.

Me: Ok, can you use office communicator to chat with her and give her the password over chat?

HDL: I'm sorry I can't do that. She's going to have to call in.

Me: She's hearing-impaired, she can't call in. So at this point, what happens now? She needs the ID, and can't call in. Is there any other way to do this? Can you email it to her?

HDL: I'm sorry, but we can't do that either. Does she speak english? Can you put her on the phone?

Me: (at this point my patience starts to run thin) Uhm, sure, we can put her on. I do have to note that I've read somewhere online that sign language doesn't always carry well over the phone.

HDL: I'm sorry, but unless she comes on the phone I can't help you.


OHH MY GOODNESS!! Even after me stating in no uncertain terms that she is hearing-impaired...how the heck did this conversation progress to the way it is now?? *sigh* ok rant's over. Have a good day.

2 comments:

luke. said...

sounds like a fun time.

Unknown said...

I guess protocol > common sense. :/