Tuesday, January 15, 2013

I don’t need to be a clothing designer to know this is dumb…

The other day I was at Costco picking up some random stuff, and I walked by the clothing section to check out some of their sock/undershirt selection (the white Kirkland shirts are really comfy). Anyways, I noticed they had these new v-neck 4-packs for a decent price, and since I was in a need of undershirts, I thought I’d give them a shot.

Even though it didn’t say tagless on the packaging, a quick peek through the clear plastic packaging confirmed that the salient details of the shirt (size, material, wash directions) were printed on the inside back of the neck area. Sweet. I picked up one white pack and went on my merry way. Yesterday I decide to give one of the shirts a try. I put it on, and it wasn’t bad…a little thinner than the Kirkland ones, but all in all pretty comfy. I threw on the rest of my clothes and headed out the door, ready to tackle the day.

Around noon, my shoulder felt a little weird. You know that feeling after a haircut when you have all those little hairs from the back of the neck that gets cut and fall down the back of your shirt and just gets kinda irritating? Well, it was that feeling. The odd thing was, this the undershirt was new, so how did little hairs get down to where my shoulders were?? So I step inside the bathroom and had a quick look… and guess what I found?!

Apparently this shirt isn’t tagless!!

it would've been better had the tag carried something useful...
or at least info that wasn't redundant...

As it turns out, even though the care instructions of the shirt were printed on the back of the neck, for some odd reason the manufacturer of this shirt decided to put another tag in, and just for kicks, they put it on the inside seam of the left shoulder. Now, if you will all join me in a collective group building “what the heck?!” In this day and age of tagless shirts and undies, who in their right mind chooses to design a shirt that goes tagless in the back of the neck, only to put another one in at the shoulder??

We can probably add this to the collection of things that make you go “huh?”

No comments: