Monday, April 5, 2010

50 beans | Caffeine fast…DONE!

I seriously can’t believe it’s been 46 days of no caffeine (coffee, tea, soda, or chocolate)…PTL I was able to finish it off. This last week has got to be the roughest…3 people brought in brownies on the same day and at least 2 bags of mixed candy and stuff. There were times when I wanted to stuff my face with peanut m&m’s and wash it down with a quadshot, but you know…by the grace of God those times weren’t so frequent.

You know…going into this whole thing, I didn’t really know what to expect. My initial thought was that every time I would have a caffeine craving I would just pray or do something to remind myself of why I was making the sacrifice. To tell you the truth…I ended up treating it like a burden for most of the time, which really shouldn’t be the case. I acted like it was more of something I HAD to do, rather than something I should be willing to do with a joyful heart. Over the last 2 weeks I started noticing my attitude more and more and God really convicted me of how I was acting. This past week, with every temptation placed before me, I’ve tried to remind myself that I need to pray more, and be wholly dependent on God to carry me through the week. By the time I was down in line at starbucks this morning buying my first “jack” in 6 weeks…I wasn’t really even craving it.

In the end I’d say it’s definitely been an eye-opening experience that has caused me to be more aware of what I consume. But you know…let me tell ya…it’s been one heck of a ride.

No comments: