Tuesday, April 20, 2010

a guy falls in a hole...


A guy’s walking down the street and he falls in a hole. The walls are so steep that he can’t get out. A doctor walks by and the guy says “hey doc, can you help me out?” The doctor write a prescription, throws it down in the hole and keeps going. Then a priest walks by and the guy shouts out “hey father I’m stuck in a hole can you help me out?” The priest writes out a prayer, throws it down the hole and moves on. Then a friend walks by. The guy says “hey Joe, it’s me. Can you help me out?” and the friend jumps in the hole. Our guy says “are you stupid? Now we’re both down here.” The friend says “yeah but I’ve been down here before and I know the way out.”
___

Sometime a friend can see things about you that you can't see: your strengths, your flaws, your triumphs, and your sins. Suppose a friend saw something about you that, had you known about it, you'd want to change. Wouldn't you want that friend to tell you? Often, it's a friend that provides the insight, the fresh perspective on something that you had pinpointed to be certain.

Thanks friend.

1 comment:

hello friday said...

Hey, I just started a blog at hallofriday.blogspot.com I found your blog and am now a follower :) -Leah