Saturday, June 12, 2010

nooooo bessie!!


Ok…I know I probably shouldn’t have bought my lawnmower at walmart… and I know I should probably remember where I keep receipts for large purchases like these…but yeah…all those things may have been able to make today a whole lot easier. After getting a new cord at Ace I played around with the engine a bit until I restrung the mower and took it outside for a spin. I pulled on the cord and nothing happened.

Fail.

As it turns out the string was strung the wrong way…and the fail-switch was activated by the pull…not the engine. After half an hour, two tries, and quite a few head-scratches later, Bessie was all set to go.

vroom vroom… :)

ok so maybe it’s not exactly as powerful an engine as I imagined hehe but still…good to hear it’s back in working shape. This whole thing made me thing about the Ephesians passage I read for a devo a few weeks ago. It talked about just how broken each of us are. How much of a mess we are…submersed in sin and without much hope. Sometimes I wonder why God even bothers to fix us back up…He could easily just start from scratch…but He doesn’t. He works on us one at a time…fixing us with love and care.

Pretty amazing huh?

it is by grace you have been saved…For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. (Ephesians 2)

No comments: