Thursday, August 30, 2012

Sum-sum-summertime! A few random thoughts before I forget them…

As Labor Day approaches, marking the unofficial end of summer, now’s a good time to reflect back on quite an eventful three months. Between work, travelling, VBS, and a few other random happenings, there’s been loads of time to formulate thoughts and opinions…most of them odd and none of them important enough to earn their own post. So here they are (aka short attention-span blogging):

I don’t understand how certain people actually enjoy spending time at work. Maybe I did at one point, but the more I work, the more I enjoy my downtime. Maybe it’s a shift in my priorities, maybe I’m just getting lazier. I have no idea, but I dread going in to work these days. At times, it seems like a change in job or even in career would help, but sometimes, I’m not even sure that would solve anything. Maybe it’s time to retire…go make balloon animals for sport or something.

I’m fairly convinced the incubating conditions at a kid’s day-camp like VBS is slightly better than a petri dish. We had one person out with stomach flu…within 3 days, half the kids have it. And that’s WITH purell. This is probably how the plague managed to wipe out 1/3 of Europe. All it takes is a group of kids coughing and sneezing on each other.

The TV show New Girl is hilarious…I can’t believe I’ve never heard of this show until a 12hr flight between HK and SFO. Well…I’ll be watching for the season premier this September.

I want to go to Hawaii. I know…humid weather is my arch-nemesis, so why in the world would I want to go to Hawaii?? It’s quiet, relaxed, and I can wear all the Hawaiian shirts I want and not have anyone look at me funny.

I don’t understand how the Huffington Post has so many followers. The headlines are so outrageous and the reporting so suspect that it comes across (at best) as a cross between the National Inquirer and the Onion.

The Shanghai motto of Better City, Better Life, unveiled during the 2010 Expo, sounds much better than Not Only Hot but Humid

I haven’t heard anything from Roseanne’s presidential campaign in a while…did she withdraw?

Jeff Foxworthy has a new game show called The American Bible Challenge, which is a bible-trivia type game on the Game Show Network. I didn’t get to see the premier, but apparently it was got the most ratings in the history of the GSN, which isn’t really saying much. I think I’ve watched that channel maybe once in the last 10 years, and that was by accident. I’m curious in seeing how this show will pan out, especially after people realize that there are other shows playing on Thursday nights.

Alright, that’s enough ranting for now. I either forgot the rest or am too ashamed to recount them. I’ll post again if I think of anything else.

No comments: