Saturday, August 25, 2012

the AMAZING Aroma-Disk!!!

Ok so late last night i was at my local am-pm because i needed gas and, well shoot, cuz i wanted some peanuts. I don't know why, but they sell these peanuts in little planters tubes...pretty good and they don't go bad as fast. Anyways...I was standing in line with the spare change from my car and a tube of peanuts when suddenly, i noticed at the register, they had these little air fresheners on the counter for like...50 cents. Nay, not just an air freshener...but the amazing AROMA-DISK!!

My sleep-deprived mind started convincing myself that this is clearly the way to go. Just as an fyi, there's been some weird smell coming from the airvents in my car after the AC goes off...it's probably the condensation in the AC mildewing over...but i'm almost convinced something like a cricket or a miniature squirrel died in there. Soooo I figured this was the perfect opportunity to get rid of the smell!

As i got up to the counter, I sorted through some random flavors: cherry? nah...not a big fan. As a matter of fact, we can probably cross off the twinkleberry, lavender peach, and some of the other frou-frou flavors as well. Vanilla? Somehow i'd think that it would just be too much after a while. Cinnamon? Also may be overpowering. New car? NEW CAR?? They make a scent like stamped plastic and glue?? interesting...but maybe not this time. Finally, i see spring rain in the corner of the assorted 144-pack box. Hmm...interesting, and not too awkward smelling. Ok! let's give this a shot! I pay for the peanut tube and the aroma-disk and walked/moseyed/skipped happily to my car to test out the amazingness that was promised on the packaging. I flipped over the packet to find the instructions awaiting:

Can be placed in/on: vehicle floorboards, gym bags, sneakers, under trashcan liners, dried flower arrangements, or other areas where you can find a place to put aroma-disk.

Caution: keep off plastic, vinyl, wood, upholstery, and painted surfaces - may cause damage. (writer's note: essentially all parts of a car...)

For health emergency: Contact physician/poison control center immediately.

hmm...a little scary but ok. So i opened the little packet, hoping to be taken to a magical world by this little corkboard disk. I place it in the coin area and started driving, making sure the AC was off to see if the smell would be masked. *sigh* You know the smell when a miniature squirrel dies, and all the other squirrels send flowers? Well...that's what it smelled like.

You disappoint me, Aroma-Disk.