Sunday, November 28, 2010

thanksgiving weekend in davis

Since I transferred to the Toronto group at work, I had to work on thanksgiving this year and spent the whole weekend in davis. This was the first time I’ve spent thanksgiving weekend in town, and I gotta say, this place gets empty. The 30k+ students have mostly fled this little town and have taken to terrorizing the bay area and parts of LA. As a matter of fact, it’s a little crazy just how empty this town gets. There was no line outside fuji’s, old teahouse was no wait, and you could study at common grounds without having to sit in somebody else’s lap. I even heard that a friend found a parking spot at the trader joe’s in the u-mall (still an unconfirmed rumor). This is nice. Davis is so much better when it’s empty. Too bad it’s Sunday and the students come back in a few minutes. Oh well…I guess I’ll just have to hold out till Christmas break.

No comments: