Saturday, November 13, 2010

voicemails and votes

Yesterday, I finally checked the nagging voicemail light blinking on my phone and as it turns out, I had a voicemail from 2 weeks ago…from Martin Sheen!! Ok ok…it was a pre-recorded message plugging a candidate whose position I disagree with, but still… now that I know he supports the guy, I might have to change my mind. After all, he was president Bartlet on West Wing…and quite a good president at that (he must’ve been… he was re-elected). I had also seen Brad Whitford and Rob Lowe pitching their candidates on national TV too. Seems like the Bartlet administration has picked its litter of folks to endorse.

Sometimes I wonder why people ask actors to endorse candidates. I know that they’re famous and have facial recognition with potential voters…but then again, so does Flava Flav. Just because someone played a politician on TV doesn’t mean they are qualified to give endorsements for candidates.

I dunno…this may just be me getting up on my soapbox making much ado about nothing, but I feel fairly passionate about this. We should be taking our cues on who to vote for from people with experience, from doing our own research, and from judging them based on their positions. Ahh heck… who am I to say anything? I’m just an ordinary Joe. If only Harrison Ford would come out and tell people to do their research before Election Day.

No comments: