Wednesday, March 7, 2012

a little cast-iron state pride.

picture courtesy of TheKitchn blog (they don't know...shhh don't tell them)

Being a californian, I am often unsure about how to show my state pride (yess I love my state). Well now there is the perfect tool/home decor item: the custom states cast-iron pans. I came across this on another blog I follow (naturally the comments there gave rise to the inevitable state panhandle jokes), and this thing looks awesome! I can now make a massive pancake in the shape of California AND decorate my kitchen with it at the same time. The only sad part is, if you live in Hawaii or Alaska, you're out of luck (all for the best i guess...nobody wants a pancake that is in 8 different pieces, and alaska's pancake would probably take a family of 7 to eat). In any case, this is a pretty novel idea, and I must say the artist/creator is pretty industrious if he can custom make these humongous skillets out of cast-iron and still retain the general shape of the state. The california one looks kinda beastly though, double handled and all...

also courtesy of TheKitchn blog

No comments: