Sunday, December 11, 2011

100 words | RIP Chemex 2011-2011

it’s really quite a sad story. I’ll never forget where I was when my roommate told me the news. Last week, the chemex was put atop the fridge during a routine house cleaning. Sadly, an inadvertent slam of the freezer door send the chemex to its sad demise. Ahh it was fun while we were together. There were both the highs and lows with seemingly endless cups of cold brew that Chemex filtered for me. The chemex was great, a beloved little object that brought joy to so many people in such a short time.

Rest in peace old buddy.

4 comments:

deBOrah said...

nooooooooooooooo!!!!

but if you're in the market for another way to make really good coffee, try the aeropress.

Jack Zhu said...

I have! One of the guys at blue bottle let me try it once when business was slow. I made a mess.

deBOrah said...

O_o but the coffee grounds shoot out like a clean hockey puck when you're done. clearly not as proficient a coffee aficionado as we all thought, eh? ^____<

jkjkjkjkkkk

Jack Zhu said...

lies! wait really? uhm...I just remember a thick sludge coming up the sides. *sigh* looks like I won't be going for a Bronze Piston anytime soon...