Friday, February 24, 2012

finally, a useful birdhouse.

 

I saw this slideshow on treehugger.com today (my first time on the site...I promise) about 10 creative ways to hang your bike on the wall like a work of art. It was pretty amusing to see what is possible to do in order to save space (in case you don't have room for a bike) and have your room not look like a garage at the same time. This gives me an opportunity to try one or two of these out, as I don't really want to pay $100+ for a normal standing bike rack from the bike shop, and having my bike simply lean on the side of the garage wall looks, well, kinda plain. I have to say, the birdhouse bike rack is my favorite (the squirrel scratching post rack is a close second). I just don't know if I'd be able to build something to look like this and have it be structurally sound at the same time. Well, what are weekends for eh?

No comments: