Monday, February 20, 2012

Who are all these people?!!

So last week I did something that I was so adamant about saying that I would never do. I got twitter. Now before you rain down the hate and the eye-rolls, I have to say, I have resolved to not actually use it. Well, I’ve resolved to kind of not use it. The reason I got it was because my friend Michelle kept feeding me the news from her twitter, and I always felt like I was one step behind. So the twitter account will only be used for news. Ok fine, news and sports updates. Ok maybe news, sports updates, and coffeeshop updates.

Yep. I will not be tweeting. Ever.

but then I also said I'd never get twitter either, so I guess we'll see. We'll just call this the Twitter Experiment. So anyways, I went about trying to sign up for an account, and I got to the username. Now, I am no longer in college, so I need a user name that isn’t very childish, and doesn’t include my age/birthday. So I went about trying different things. After 45min of trying, I had exhausted a list of usernames that I didn’t think people could possibly want to use. Names like:

jackzhu
jzhu
jyzhu
jack
zhu
yzhu
yjackzhu
jackyzhu
jackzhuy
jacko
jackozhu
jackolantern
jackcandlestick
ohsnapjack
hopelessjack
homelessjack
homiejack
eskimo
daeskimo
carl
mygoodnessjack
coffeenerdjack

Seriously, who are all these people?! I never had these kinds of problems signing up for gmail or anything…why is it all the remotely relevant twitter names are all taken?!! Bah. After 45min of searching I finally found a relatively relevant user name. Wow…that was a good chunk of my life that I will never get back.

3 comments:

xtine.liang said...

YOU HAVE TWITTER AND YOU DON'T FOLLOW ME?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!

some bro you are. -_-

deBOrah said...

daeskimo?!?
if there's a story behind this one i wanna hear it

Jack Zhu said...

yes...I'll have to recount that story one of these days.

tintin, I'll follow you as long as there's no jersey shore/one tree hill tweets :D