Monday, January 23, 2012

going home



Over the last nine years in davis (geez I feel old saying it) there have been quite a few things I wish I'd done when I had the chance. Since coming to davis, I have always wanted to ride one of the original double-decker buses that drove around north davis. I see them at the MU all the time, but since I was always a south davis resident, I never had any good reason to hop on to one of them. Well, I guess now it looks like the window of opportunity is closing.


I was kind of saddened to see this article in the enterprise this morning, but apparently one of the two original unitrans buses, RTL 1014 (from waay back in the 1960's), will be going back to London after 44 years of carrying UCD students around Davis. Apparently it will be retired to the Ensignbus Transport Museum in London, which bought the bus from the university. I hear there are two more old-fashioned double-deckers, but they're not any of the original ones. Well in any case, I've resolved to go for a ride one of these days when I have a free saturday. I'm not waiting around anymore!

No comments: