Thursday, October 18, 2012

Dixon corn maze – 5th time’s the charm?

For four years I have been trying to get people to go to the corn maze. For four years I have been rebuffed. I tried with fellowship folks, friends from home (worst idea ever…hey wanna drive 2hrs up to walk through a cornfield? What was I thinking?!) work colleagues, even my parents (ok that one was predictable). Nada.

Now, personally, I’ve never been to a corn maze (hence the eagerness to explore) but I can imagine the fun of such a diversion from everyday life. Imagine you’re in between tall columns of corn, silently stalking your buddy from the next row over, waiting for the perfect moment to reach through and scare the yahoo out of him. Then you’ll share a well-timed chuckle and proceed to do the same too a stranger. Wouldn’t that be fun?!

it'll be like this...only taller.

So here I am on the blogosphere, proposing it once again. Who wants to go to corn maze on Halloween?! I would be quite tickled if plans work out this time. Hmm…maybe I’ll pitch it to fellowship again. 5th time’s the charm!

4 comments:

deBOrah said...

i once spent 2 hours stuck inside the corn maze in dixon with my small group. and then some smart kid decided to tell us that all the paths are marked with tiny flags. 2 minutes later, we're out >__< it's fun!

missingdelusion said...

Yes, please!! With the condition that corn maze survivors must be in costume (...whether they entered with them on or not).

Otherwise, it doesn't count

Brian Cho said...

i heard there's a starbucks stand in the middle of the dixon corn maze

Jack Zhu said...

O.o serious??