Monday, October 22, 2012

five clicks to Jesus

thanks to a link provided by billy, and a deep determination not to sleep before 10pm last night (whenever I sleep earlier, I end up waking up ridiculously early or worse, wake up at midnight and not being able to sleep again till 3am), I tried my hand at several wikirace variants. If you don’t know what a wikirace is, it’s basically a Wikipedia navigation game. You start on a predetermined start-page (i.e. bananas) and you try to get to a target-page (i.e. Battle of the Bulge). The wikiproject page provided several difficult target pages that are apparently nearly impossible to get to (i.e. Mystery Seeker) and also a few suggestions for variations of the game (in case the original gets boring – impossible!)

Well, as it turns out, I gave one of the seemingly more challenging variants a shot – five clicks to Jesus. Basically, starting from the main page, you try to navigate to the Jesus page (apparently separate from the Christ page - I think PGee might have mentioned the difference in the sermon yesterday) in under 5 clicks. Apparently, it is much easier than I thought it would be. Using last night’s main page, I was able to get to Jesus in 4 clicks (Main --> US Presidents --> Obama --> Christianity --> Jesus). And as the main page changes daily, this game can always have varying results, which means a greater degree of re-playability.

I could see this game be a good icebreaker for a small group meeting or something…we’ll see =)

1 comment:

zilly said...

Try "tuberculosis" to "Ocicat". Pretty hard.