Wednesday, October 31, 2012

movember envy


Every year around this time, I'm a little self-conscious about myself. My confidence is just a little bit lower as I realize that there is something many guys can do that I cannot. You see, this next month, men all around the world will be growing mustaches for Movember an annual, month-long event involving the growing of mustaches during the month of November to raise awareness of prostate cancer and other male cancer initiatives. Our company has a wide range of facial-hair competitions and fundraisers throughout the month to raise awareness for male-specific cancers and diseases. Many of my mustachioed colleagues will be wandering the halls as if it's just another day...sporting their mustaches and going about their business. Unfortunately, some of us are not empowered with the ability to grow such marvelous facial hair. Sadly, it has become obvious to me, that not all men were created equal.

2 comments:

mike said...

i totally feel you on this. every once in a while i get the urge to try and grow a crazy mountain man beard which always ends up being just an embarrassing bit of stubble on my chin.

kati said...

I'm with you too. :[
http://www.seattleglobalist.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Bearded-Lady_image_780-1.jpg