Wednesday, November 9, 2011

100 words | Gilad Shalit

I read an interesting article today in NYT regarding the recent exchange of prisoners in which 1,027 Palestinian prisoners and terrorists were exchanged for one Israeli soldier. It sheds some light on the Israeli psyche regarding Israeli captives. I’d say it’s definitely worth reading (it’s loooonnnnggg). It goes through the history of Israel’s negotiations with terrorist organizations and traces previous deals and their potential impact on the recent deal. While there’s some attempt to rationalize this current deal, I’m not entirely sold on how Israel could make this agreement. I guess you’re gonna have to read and decide for yourself…

4 comments:

deBOrah said...

impressive. exactly 100 words.

Jack Zhu said...

they all are.

deBOrah said...

all of em?! how do you do it? i have blog envy.

Jack Zhu said...

word count is my friend!(and I add or remove unnecessary words to get it to 100)