Friday, November 18, 2011

coffee shop shenanigans

Since I was super tired this past weekend and visiting my folks on Sunday night, I figured I’d sleep for a bit and drive back up on Monday morning. I left the house at 4:30, and since starbucks didn’t open till 5am, I planned on stopping by the one in Fremont to pick up a double espresso on the way up. As I walked in, a lady ordered a hot mocha, and then proceeded to step outside for a second. I ordered my iced double, and took it over to the condiment bar to get some cream. As I came back to get the straw that I left on the counter, the lady comes back in, runs over to the counter (thinking I’m gonna take her drink), says in a loud voice “This is my drink. Excuse me…isn’t this my drink?!”, proceeds to take both her hot drink and my straw, and sits down, giving me the stink-eye the whole time. Confused and sleepy, I just kind of stood there… hand in the half-reaching position, staring at the spot now vacated by the straw that once sat there. By the time I realized what had happened, the barista had seen what happened, placed another straw in it’s place, and rolled her eyes understandingly as I picked it up and walked out, averting eye contact with the lady that was steadfastly staring me down. By the way, who drinks hot coffee through a straw?!

Ok rant’s over…nothing to see here…have a nice day.

1 comment:

deBOrah said...

i do. it prevents spillage in the car.

and you better hope you never get caught stealing my straw cuz the stink eye will hurt.