Tuesday, December 11, 2012

twenty-five | day 11 – christmas classics

turn on the t.v.
pop in the christmas movie
gather friends and play

The other day I watched a christmas classic with a bunch of friends from the sac small group. I had the itch to see home alone again, but for the life of me, i couldn't find it anywhere! I checked amazon prime, itunes, even tried to order it online (1-3 week shipping =/ ). Then on saturday, we happened to walk by a video rental store (seems like the only one in sac that's not extinct) and they had it!! Let me tell you...it was everything i imagined it would be! (Well...i guess so haha)

Aside from home alone, the next favorite must be the charlie brown special. I know...the music from that is always super depressing (sad trombone all over the place), but there's something about the charlie brown christmas movie that makes me enjoy it. I think it's the sad little tree and his big old smile at the end. Snoopy's cool too haha.

Of course, I do have to add elf to the list. I know it's will farrell and all, but this is one of the two will farrell movies I can watch. There's something about a 6-foot goofy elf that entertains me. Plus the plot is pretty funny too. While this is a pretty new movie (2003), I'm going to throw it in the christmas classics list, just because.

I miss watching these old christmas movies. They were always entertaining and I generally finding myself watching it if I ever came across it on TV. These days my channel surfing is kept at a minimum as work is getting crazy again, but I do cherish the good old christmas movies.

No comments: