Sunday, December 23, 2012

twenty-five | day 23 – family-friend frenzy

my one Christmas wish...
will it snow on Christmas Day?
Too bad it's Davis...

my house is projected to look nothing like this...but heck, a boy can dream right??

As I was driving down to Sunnyvale today, I kept thinking...if only the temperature was what it had been all last week (in the low 30's), we'd have a snowstorm on our hands! Too bad it was just a crazy rainstorm =/ although there were several times i wanted to drive back through a puddle a few times for fun...i like that loud sound and wall of water that comes up when you drive through a big one =)

Of course, since today is christmas-eve eve, it marks the beginning of what i like to call the family friend frenzy. Between today and new years, my folks like to pack in as many family friend visits as possible. I assume it's because all the kids i grew up with (term loosely applied – for some of these people, we may have shared a laugh some 15 years ago) are back for the holidays and they want us to get together so we can talk about random stuff and catch up. While there are some I look forward to, a lot of them are people i don't really know, so it's a lot of smiling and nodding. Hey, at least i don't get pinched on the cheek anymore (for the most part...i still have to hide whenever that one lady from my mom's fellowship comes by). I suppose let's raise a glass of eggnog to the next few days...hope i survive!

No comments: