Sunday, December 2, 2012

twenty-five | day 2 – the tree

tinsel everywhere
branches holding ornaments
lights are all aglow


Did you know there’s a variety of christmas trees? I just assumed they were just all pine trees, but apparently there’s a blog out there that took the time to give a thorough breakdown of the different types of common christmas trees and the regions they’re typically found in. Apparently my tree is a virginia pine.

Now, of course, would be the time where I tell you I've carved aside a few hours on a lazy saturday to setup and decorate my plastic tree. Well, truth-be-told, it's been out the whole time. Yep, I'm one of those people. At the end of last year I enjoyed the tree soo much (read: got too lazy to take it down) that I couldn't bring myself to disassemble. Let's just say I didn't have the heart to send those ornaments back out into the freezing cold of the garage.

Every year I try to add an ornament or two. I usually find a few at target after christmas when they sell for cheaper than tic-tacs. I got the teddy bears this year...next year I'm shooting for that yoda ornament that has eluded me thus far.

No comments: