Wednesday, December 12, 2012

twenty-five | day 12 – tropical christmas?


santa’s wearing shorts…
palm trees swaying in the wind
is something not right??


I wonder how people in tropical places celebrate Christmas? The other day, I posted about being somewhere tropical for Christmas…not necessarily because I want to be on a beach during Christmas time, but because I wonder what they would do? Living in California, we already have a taste of what it’s like to not have white Christmases, albeit we still get 40 degree weather around December; but what’s it like for Christmas in the Caribbeans? Or Hawaii?

A buddy of mine goes to Hawaii every Christmas with her family because of a timeshare. I wonder what that Christmas tree looks like (do they even have pine-trees in Hawaii??). Do you have wet-sand fights instead of snowballs? Would santa’s sleigh work as well in the sand?? Soo many questions…

1 comment:

deBOrah said...

You sure wouldn't be wearing long underwear