Thursday, December 6, 2012

twenty-five | day 6 – the girl from ipanema

a roaring fire
fresh cup of cocoa in hand
music fills the air


As much as I love the song White Christmas, I do have to point out that in a lot of places, it doesn’t happen that often. I used to live in Philly and NJ, and in all the Christmases there, I’ve only witnessed one white Christmas (where it actually snows on Christmas day). Those are the rare treats that I think are fitting for a christmas day. For the record, my perfect Christmas day would revolve around sitting in front of a roaring fire with snow falling all around outside, sipping cocoa and reading a book or something, and The Girl from Ipanema playing on the radio. I know, it’s totally not a Christmas song but if I’m by a roaring fire in the middle of a snowy Christmas, It’d be nice – for a moment – to imagine myself somewhere tropical. Aside from the samba music, it’d pretty much be a scene out of an L.L. Bean winter catalogue. Too bad here in California we see snow only as an aberration – but one can still dream…

No comments: